The project "The debates on Norway's future" arranges a broadcast of a discussion on 'blue gold'
“The debates on Norway’s future” demonstrate a new debate concept, involving the Fritt Ord Foundation working all over the country with Amedia, Ferd and the Research Council of Norway to arrange discussions about the most notable current trends in social development in Norway. The series of meetings kicked off in Tromsø in June, and another meeting has been held in Svolvær.
The first episode can be viewed on" Lofotposten’s website":https://www.lofotposten.no/sender-stor-debatt-fra-svolvar-med-topptungt-panel/s/5-29-723638?key=2021-07-08T19:00:00.000Z/opoint/c4379a946e8ca0fbd594232bf04980abcd10ca66. The debate covers fisheries, the fish-farming industry, strains on the ocean and the climate crisis. How should Norway and Lofoten look in future – and how should we protect ocean wealth?
The project “The debates on Norway’s future” aspires to bring a wider variety of voices into public discourse. The panel in Svolvær was made up of the following individuals:
- Nina Jensen, former secretary general of WWF Norway and currently CEO of the research and expedition vessel REV Ocean.
- Kriss Rokkan Iversen, MDG (The Green Party) -deputy leader.
- Kristina Furnes, global communications manager, Grieg Seafood.
- Lars Galtung, global director of communication and sustainability, Cermaq.
- Skipper Martin Rist Angelsen.
- Deputy Mayor Lena Amalie Hamnes, Vågan Municipality.
- Fish Buyer Erling Santi Falch, owner of Saga Fisk.
- Surfer Mattias Hörnquist.