FREEDOM OF THE PRESS DAY 2015
Blasphemy, freedom of expression and freedom of the press – free as long as no one is offended?
UNESCO, the Norwegian Press Association, the Association of Norwegian Editors, the Norwegian Union of Journalists, Norwegian PEN and the Fritt Ord Foundation invite the public to a seminar on Monday, 4 May, from 5.30–8.00 p.m. at the House of Literature in Oslo. The event is open to the general public.
Opening by head of the UNESCO Commission Tora Aasland and President of the Storting Olemic Thommessen
EXHIBIT OF THE CARICATURES IN THE WAKE OF CHARLIE HEBDO
Newspaper artist Roar Hagen, VG
WHAT DO WE WANT WITH FREEDOM OF THE PRESS?
Media commentator Svein Egil Omdal
THE ARAB SPRING – WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF THE PRESS?
- Editor Tarek Atia, Egypt Media Development Programme
- Director Aidan White, Ethical Journalism NetworkJournalist Kristin Solberg, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation
THE PLACE OF BLASPHEMY IN TODAY’S SOCIETY
Introduction by Philosopher Einar Øverenget, Activa Humanistic Academy
In debate with:
- Researcher and Lawyer Anine Kierulf, Norwegian Centre for Human Rights
- Journalist Hege Ulstein, Dagsvisen (newspaper)
- Philosopher and Associate Professor Odin Lysaker (University of Agder)
- Editor Helge Simonnes, Vårt Land (newspaper)
Hege Moe Eriksen
See Facebook event for more information.